Learned about the struggles of Fort McClellan veterans, started Poisonedveterans.org to help spread the word
– Youtube interview with Dan Bidondi
– Started Veterans News Radio on WBOB, Veterans News Radio is available on Youtube
– Email to president Obama Re: Immigration and the treatment of veterans exposed to toxins
– Learned that Alabama Representative Mike Rogers was a key in blocking HR 411, the Fort McCellan Healthcare Act from moving out of committee
– Met Jesse Smith who was running against incumbent Mike Rogers in Alabama who heard the VNR show about Rep. Mike Rogers
– Petitioned for a Resolution to support Fort McCellan HR 411 in the Rhode Island State Legislature. Resolution passed the legislature and is known as Res. H 6225.
– Visited Fort McClellan, spoke with McClellan Development, Matrix, and the Fort McClellan Transition Force; researched and copied documents from the Jacksonville State University Library at Fort McClellan (in the old Chemical Corps building turned MP School turned JSU Library), researched former Gov. Browder documents stored at the Anniston Library in town.
– Visit to Washington DC with Jesse Smith to meet with Congressman Jolly (R-FL) who is a member of the VA budgetary committee. We discussed how to notify veterans of potential environmental exposure at Fort McClellan. The Congressman said that he would budget for it and have a page up on the VA Public Health website within 6 weeks. Also discussed HR 1769 to provide research funds for the children of veterans exposed to environmental toxins.
– March in Washington DC from the Veteran’s Affairs headquarters to the White House to raise awareness about Fort McClellan veteran’s health issues
– Six weeks to the day that Congressman Jolly stated he would have a website up to notify Fort McClellan veterans of possible exposure, the website was available
– HR 1769 in House Veterans’ Affairs Subcommittee on Health markup
– Met with administrator at RI VA Hospital about letter to the Obama Administration and was questioned about my concerns with Fort McClellan
– Veterans News Radio moves to a new station with nationwide broadcasting. Youtube available within a week of the live show.
February 4 – Began fundraising effort on gofundme to assist with the cost of veteran advocacy trips to Washington DC
February 25 – HR 1769 Toxic Exposure Research Act discharged from House Veterans’ Affairs Subcommittee on Health.
March 2, 3, 4 – Met with members of congress and, separately, Secretary of Veterans Affairs Bob McDonald to talk about the level of care being given to honorably discharged veterans in the VA health care system, WRIISC services, the Fort McClellan VA web page, and ask how the VA plans to assist Fort McClellan veterans.
March 20 – Please visit my newly launched Facebook page and join in my campaign for Congress!
June – Working to uncover Agent Orange contamination at Fort McClellan and other stateside bases
June 16 – Formally announced run for Congress